Sunsets + Friends






  
    There's a spot on campus that I absolutely adore. It's on the west side, where the ground is flat and the corn fields seem to stretch on forever, leading your gaze to the horizon line. It's the perfect place to watch the sun set into the night, and let me tell you, it's a sight to see. The colors are simply breathtaking - the red and orange hues blend into pinks and purples, while the bright blue sky provides the perfect backdrop. As I watch the breathtaking sunset, I can’t help but feel a sense of tranquility wash over me. The clouds are so fluffy and the colors blend together in perfect harmony, creating a texture that is always so mesmerizing. I love to take photos on my camera of the amazing sites, always trying to capture the warm light of the sun as it slowly dips below the horizon, illuminating every detail of the scene before me. From the towering trees to the power lines in the distance, every component is visible, and the reflection of the water from prior rain only adds to the beauty of it all. It is a true moment of peace that I always find so relieving. 

    I'm not the only one who loves this spot. My friends and I make it a point to watch the sunset here as often as we can. We sit in our cars playing our favorite songs as we belt out the lyrics. We also love to sit on the bleachers feeling closer to the scenery and ultimately expressing our gratitude for our beautiful campus. It's a moment where we can let loose and forget about all the worries that usually weigh us down. Our minds are free, and our spirits are lifted as we soak in the beauty of the setting sun. We're all in awe of Ohio Northern University's welcoming embrace and stunning scenery, and these sunsets only strengthen our bond. It's amazing to see how many other students feel the same way - we all come together to appreciate the beauty that surrounds us. I love how our University encourages its students to have this spot to take in such beautiful sites. I feel so deeply connected to the tradition of my friends and I watching the sunset at Ohio Northern. It's a cherished experience that has given me countless wonderful memories. I'm eager to savor more of these moments before the weather gets too cold. Every sunset is unique and holds its own special kind of beauty that never fails to move me. So if you're ever on the west side of campus, make sure to stop by this spot and take in the view. Trust me, it's worth it.





Comments

  1. That seems so amazing. My friends from home do something similar. There is a set of pillars at my local university that overlooks a lake and if you sit at the pillars at sunset, its amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ada sunsets can never ever compare to any other sunsets I have seen. I don't know if it is being around people that you love and care about that makes Ada's sunsets better than any others!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey MJ, what a gorgeous picture! I'm definitely going to have to check out this spot on campus. Especially, since I want to try to get into going on evening walks. Everyone thinks Ada is really small, but I think being on a small campus allows us to gain more opportunity for taking in our college experience and relaxing. Nature is such a wonderful thing, I can't believe I haven't heard more about this spot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey MJ, what a gorgeous picture! I can't believe I haven't heard more people talk about this spot. I'll definitely have to check it out since I want to get into evening walks. I love that being on a small campus we can take the time to soak in our college experience and relax. Nature is such a wonderful thing, Ada is full of beautiful spots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. MJ,
    Thank you for the recommendation to this great spot! I also love the Ada sunsets, I see them almost every day in as I am leaving practice. They can get to be so colorful, because we are far away from all of the air pollution and are one of my favorites ways to relax.

    ReplyDelete
  6. MJ,
    This was written so beautifully! Even without the gorgeous pictures, I could have envisioned the scene based solely on your description. I'll have to check out the sunset spot soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. MJ,
    This was written so beautifully! Even without the gorgeous photos, I could have envisioned the scene form your gorgeous description alone. Great post, it's convinced me I need to visit the sunset spot asap!

    ReplyDelete
  8. MJ,
    I love how you and your friends are able to connect over something so peaceful and special. I think sunsets are one of the coolest things. I must say that I have seen many sunsets around the world but the ones in Ada are definitely up with the best of them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Ada sunsets! That looks like a beautiful night

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Back to School!

Denison XC Race!