Live Tweeting at the Band-O-Rama


To wrap up the Homecoming festivities I had the opportunity to attend the annual Band-O-Rama concert! The Ohio Northern Marching Band took center stage to showcase their fall program and left everyone in awe at the Freed Center Sunday evening. The concert was absolutely amazing! It began at 4 p.m. and before I knew it, it was already 5:45 p.m. I was completely mesmerized by the incredible performance! Plus, it gets even better! I got to be a part of it all by completing a live tweeting assignment that brought the concert to life through a series of captivating posts. I shared pictures, videos, and even added some awesome hashtags to make it all the more exciting. It's crazy how nervous I was at first, wondering how I could possibly capture the essence of this concert through words and pictures, but as soon as the event kicked off, I felt like a social media superstar, effortlessly translating the magic of the concert for all to see. The experience was an absolute delight and the music surpassed all expectations!

Throughout the live tweeting assignment, I shared a variety of posts to capture every moment of the concert. Prior to the event, I crafted a few tweets to kick off the show, including one that informed followers about the Band-O-Rama and another that reminded them to tune in for my live tweet stream. Once the concert began, I shared updates on my seat and program, as well as the first song of the night. To add some variety, I also reposted some of Isa's tweets that highlighted different aspects of the performance. As the concert progressed, I made sure to tweet about specific songs, people and moments that stood out to me. It was amazing to see how much everyone was enjoying themselves, from the band members to the color guard to the crowd. To wrap up my live tweeting, I shared the final song and performance and encouraged my followers to check out my blog for more details on the experience. Overall, it was an incredible night. I loved every minute of it!

Attending the concert and completing the live tweeting task taught me the art of selective attention. It became clear that I couldn't incorporate every single detail into my tweets, but rather had to carefully choose the most significant aspects that would captivate my audience. I thoroughly enjoyed engaging with Isa's posts and found that reposting her tweets added an extra layer of intrigue to my stream. Crafting the perfect hashtags was also a thrilling task, as I had to think on my feet and provide my viewers with both visually appealing and informative content. Among all my tweets, my personal favorite was the one about a little kid who was thoroughly enjoying the performance. Witnessing such heartwarming moments, along with many others, truly touched my soul. Without a doubt, I would eagerly participate in another live tweeting event. It not only taught me valuable lessons about the world of Twitter but also equipped me with the skills to create impactful content.




Comments

Popular Posts

Sunsets + Friends

Back to School!

Denison XC Race!