My Senior Capstone Topic



As I dive into my final fall semester, I’m excited to get started on my senior capstone project. I’ve finally chosen my topic and I can’t wait to see how everything comes together. Since I have a strong love for the outdoors, photography and design, I thought why not combine all three? I’ve decided to create a photography lookbook that brings these passions together. The project will feature people wearing outdoor clothing from brands like Patagonia, The North Face and REI, showing how these pieces are more than just gear, they’re part of each person’s unique story.

In this photography lookbook I’ll be photographing people in their natural element, whether they’re hiking, running or just enjoying the outdoors. After that, I’ll also take a portrait of them. The idea is to connect the outdoor clothing to the person wearing it, showing how these items become a part of their journey, lifestyle and personal story. Outdoor clothing is about being part of a community of adventurers and sharing a love for nature with the brands that create this gear. Through photography, I want to highlight that connection and tell a visual story about how these clothes help people embrace the outdoors while sharing their unique experiences.

To bring this idea to life, I’ll need to dive into two main areas of research: photography techniques and the history of outdoor clothing. Since I’m still learning more and more each day about photography, my first step will be learning the technical side of shooting portraits outdoors. On the outdoor clothing side, I’ll be researching the materials, design processes and brand stories. This will help me create a narrative that goes deeper than just showcasing clothing, it will allow me to show how each piece reflects the wearer’s lifestyle and values.

Through these photographs, I want to show that outdoor clothing is more than just functional. Each piece tells a story about the person wearing it, reflecting their adventures, values and connection to nature. This capstone project will push me to sharpen my photography skills, learn more about outdoor brands and create a visual narrative that connects people with the gear they use. I’m excited to start this journey and share the stories of people who find their identity and inspiration in the outdoors.

Follow along throughout this semester as I share more about my capstone project!

As always, GO BEARS!



This picture is one I took during a Colorado sunrise:




Comments

Popular Posts

Sunsets + Friends

Back to School!

Denison XC Race!